Robot Aviation is seeking an experienced engineering leader as Head of Systems Engineering for aircraft/ground systems for unmanned aircraft systems. This includes all systems (avionics, electrical and mechanical, etc.) installed on the aircraft and ground (for C3).
- Design and choose architecture on a system level
- Lead work in the implementation and installation of system and sub components
- Lead and present design reviews
- Work as a technical lead in various aircraft development and related projects
- Lead and develop the systems engineering department
Besides the implementation and installation of the systems, work will include measurements, simulations, development, and testing. Good knowledge and interest for autopilots, RF and mobile communication, aircraft mechanical systems is a plus, and prior experience in either direct use or development in one of these areas will be weighed accordingly in the application.
We are seeking candidates who have the ability and the drive to find innovative and simple solutions to complicated problems. The right candidate must also be a “hands-on” person to be able to implement chosen solutions. It is also highly desired that the person has experience from leading teams in a professional setting.
In addition to hardware development, the candidate should have knowledge in and interest for one or preferentially many of the following areas:
- Modelling and simulation
- Sensor technology
- Realtime, and embedded systems and programming
- Cybernetics and signal processing
- Physics, aerodynamics
This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of high tech product development. You will work with experienced and resourceful colleagues who are just as interested in developing exciting products for a new and fast-evolving industry. Your employment will enable you to make high-level technical decisions, choice of tools, and paths to success.
Desired background and qualifications:
- M.Sc in Engineering or related field, this can be substituted by the right work experience
- Independent and ability to lead others
- Experience leading in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Good command of Norwegian and English
- Experience working with aircraft systems, and have current configuration knowledge
- Experience with V&V development processes
- Experience with DO-178B and DO-254 (and/or EASA equivalents)
Work location will be at Eggemoen, or Oslo in Norway. It is expected that the employee travels to different company locations as needed.